photo home-28.png  photo about-26.png  photo herbs.png  photo parenting.png  photo recipies.png  photo oils.png
 photo header-27.png

Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Laundry/Time Continuum

I'm writing today's post last night. Well It's still tonight. Thursday night.
Mornings the early hours are usually reserved for drinking prayer, coffee and blogging. Well, okay, and Craigslist. Fine, and Facebook and Pintrest. THIS Friday morning, however, will be spent sorting, folding and putting away clean laundry.
Why THIS Friday morning? I'll tell you why. It's because I didn't do it before friday morning.
That is all.
I just didn't do it.
I did a full week's worth of laundry earlier this week. You know how many loads a full week's worth is? Roughly 15 loads. That's if I didn't wash any bedding. But there was still more. While those 15 loads were washing and drying, people were still wearing clothes. And using towels.
I thought it was warm enough this week to drip dry, but no one else in the house agreed. I guess the air conditioner had something to do with it.
*sigh*
I know better. I really, really do. BUT. Sometimes I want a break. You know? So I take the break. Then, I catch up.
Really, one day soon there will be enough 'biggers' in my house to handle the immediate need chores without me once in a while.
I'm not just willing that day to come too soon, but I know when it does arrive, I will exhale.
Right before I suck in another agonized breath in realization that my 'littles' are 'biggers' and that their time at home is that much shorter.
I'm so glad I have to spend the morning sorting and putting away laundry.


Photobucket

No comments: