photo home-28.png  photo about-26.png  photo herbs.png  photo parenting.png  photo recipies.png  photo oils.png
 photo header-27.png

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

All the Coconut Stuffs


     It's all about the coconut! It must be made with coconut flour, coconut oil, and coconut butter!
All coconut, all the time!
     I adore the coconut. I didn't, but now I do. When I was a kid, I was pretty sure that putting shredded coconut in something ruined it. Gross. But now. Oh, now I can't get enough of it! It all started with someone urging me to try coconut shrimp. I'm convinced it was the sweetened, deep fried, sugary sauce covered bit of heaven that won me over. For years after that, if the coconut was toasted, I was good. Then, I sprinkled some sweetened coconut flakes in my oatmeal when we were out of brown sugar. I died! Ohmylanta it was the best thing!
     A few years later, a couple of the Zooligans were sporting some pretty bad eczema rashes. There were a few things that worked for a little while, but someone told me about coconut oil and all of these lovely concoctions one could make with it. So, I bought some. Then I bought more. Three containers of coconut oil were emptied in my house before we ever actually ate any. We've made sunscreen, insect repellent lotion bars, and eczema cream.
     Most recently, I was gifted with a few pounds of organic, unsweetened, dried shredded coconut, so of course, I made coconut butter. Some blogger or another said she puts it in her coffee. She must have a better food processor than i do, because my coconut butter is gritty. I tried it in the coffee, but I'm no cowboy. Gritty is not how I like it.  It's heaven on a piece of toast, though, and I can't wait to share some photos when we make coconut butter bites and almond butter cups.
     This coconut habit is delicious!

Do you use coconut in your home? What's your favorite way to use it?


Photobucket

No comments: