photo home-28.png  photo about-26.png  photo herbs.png  photo parenting.png  photo recipies.png  photo oils.png
 photo header-27.png

Monday, June 25, 2012

Learning to Run

So, I started running. Sort of.
I decided to use the Couch-to-5k training guide.
I discovered that I have forgotten how to run. I have also discovered that I am not the right shape for running.
Do you remember Weebles? You know, "they weeble and the wobble but they don't fall down!".
I am *not* at weeble. I definitely fall down.
Running. Is. Hard.
Did you know that a person can get so far away from having any stamina at all that walking is difficult?
   Yep, that's me.So, the Couch-to-5k is a 9 week training program that says I should be able to run a 5k in about thirty minutes after 9 weeks.
No. Nope. Not a chance.
   The first week was a jog 60 seconds/walk 90 seconds combo. This was to be done for a duration of 20 minutes with a 5 minute walking warm up and cool down.
    I was only able to run ONE of the 60 second jog sets. I thought I was going to have a heart attack.
My chest was desperately trying to heave in order to receive oxygen, but it was spazzing instead.
So, I walked the rest of that week. And the second week. And the third week. And so on and so forth.
I did not walk during the week we had out of state guests.
Stupid. I can now walk about one mile without dying.
This is rough. I had grand ideas about running a 5k in the middle of July with See Jane Run. I even asked friends to join me and had one take me up on it.
I hope the running is going better for her.
In all likelihood, I made a donation to See Jane Run, and I won't be there.
I will keep walking, though.
And when I can still breath after 30 minutes of brisk walking without a stitch in my side, I'll take up the jog/walk again.
I will not give up. I will not give in. I will survive!
I *will* run a 5k!
Maybe now I need to let my friend know...



Photobucket

No comments: